Friday, December 19, 2008

We're Home!





We made it home yesterday (Thursday) around 2:30 with the new addition. Grace was welcomed by Grandma Seelman, Magaw & Papaw, Erika, Ellie & Jake. Murphy has only seen her from a distance. I think we'll gradually let the two of them meet. Last night was rough...my sweet, sleep for 4 hrs. straight girl had gas! I felt just awful for her. We didn't get any sleep. Andrew worked 12am-8am and this is how they were when I got up...so cute!

Today has been much, much better. She's back to her content self. We just now know that she must be burped for a long time after eating...I've learned that something will come out of either end if we are patient! :) I had to go to the hospital lab for blood work today...oh, joy...the injections are going fine...I'm kinda being a baby about it though! My leg is awful sore today but I'm sure it's because I hadn't been using it at all for the past week.

That's it for now! Thanks for caring so much about us!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah & Scott said...

yay! em, greta had a LOT of gas up until a month or so ago. hopefully, this was just a rare thing for miss grace, though! :) grace is sooooo pretty! i can't tell who she looks more like, but i kind of think you and andrew have similar features, so....really, i think she kind of looks like both of you! :)

sarah

Meghan said...

Congratulations Emily! She is just beautiful! What a crazy birth story. After my emergency c-section with Kaitlynn I decided it doesn't matter what we have to do to get them here because in the end we have our beautiful baby either way! Enjoy every moment with her!