Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday--One Day Overdue

Well, last night wasn't any better...stupid back pain... But today has been so much better. I actually put on make-up! Yet my hair hasn't been washed since Thursday...beautiful! The contractions are getting stronger & more regular as of 3:30pm...Whether I'll go into active labor or not is the question. Andrew had to go to work tonight. We had it all planned out of course...he was going to stay home with me throughout the weekend & today until work 4-12am. Which did happen, I suppose, just not with a little baby too!

I'm really ready to deliver this baby...just a little nervous about the clot. They say that pushing shouldn't be a problem...but I can't get it out of my head that it'll make it move. And as soon as they are sure I'm not bleeding, I'll be put right back on the Heparin.

The nurse checked me around 1:00 & I was 90% effaced, 0 station, 1cm dilated. PROGRESS!

Thank you so much for all your thoughts & prayers...I feel taken care of!

6 comments:

Russ & Emily said...

Emily,
I have been following your blog and am so sorry to hear about the clot. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just take things easy! Can't wait to hear about Grace's arrival!

Jason and Aurelia said...

I'm checking in on you several times a day. Still praying too. . . our whole family is. Find a good focal point for those contractions and breathe.

Will you have the option of any drugs for pain during labor? Epidural?

Tourtillot Family said...

I thought about you today at work Em! Especially when I was calling people back today on their coumadin labs...I am glad to hear things are going ok! I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers!!
Love
Amy

Our Three Girls said...

I'm thinking about you, Em! Sounds like you are in good hands. God will send Grace at the perfect time! Love you!

the hortons said...

I'm thinking about you often! Everything is going to be great. I'm loving all of the updates. Keep em' coming!

Sarah & Scott said...

emily - i have not checked blogs in a while. holy cow....what a surprise. i am definitely praying for you....a safe delivery for both grace AND her momma!