Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday...Actual Due Date!

Last night was kinda rough again with lots of back pain again. I took all the pain meds they'd let me have! But today was much, much better...I felt more like myself & not half-drugged & out of it. I woke up with harder contractions which have continued throughout the day...but absolutely no regularity...so go figure! :) I started having pain in my hip...it felt like an extension of my back pain so we were rubbing it (well, Andrew was rubbing it!) & it made it hurt worse...so I told the nurse & she's thinking it's part of the blood clot...so don't rub it. Who knows...they let the on-call doctor & hospitalist know...they both agreed that we wouldn't change the treatment in any way if the blood clot had in fact moved up into hip...so why test for it. (thanks for saving us some $$$)

My doctor is back on call tomorrow morning...it'll be good to see him. Maybe Grace will decide to come see us! They'd really like for her to wait a few more days. Andrew and I have to keep reminding ourselves that some good WILL come from this...and our relationship has been strengthened by all the madness...he's done stuff for me that he didn't think he'd been doing until we were in our 80s! :) Good man...

1 comment:

Jason and Aurelia said...

Oh Emily! Jason and I will certainly pray that God touches you tonight and . . . well, let's just pray now like we did on the phone so many times. . . Jesus, I pray that your presence will just cover the room where Emily and Andrew and Grace are awaiting your timing. Touch Emily's body and ease her pain, give them strength and comfort and bring Grace here safely and in your perfect timing! I pray that Emily has rest and Andrew too. Bless this little family, Lord and keep them close to you now. In your name!

I'll be checking back often, wifi in hospitals is indeed a great bonus! ;)