Thursday, August 14, 2008

HELP!!!

Okay...So, a couple of weeks ago a girl that I work with broke out with chicken pox. She had them as a child but was exposed and got them a second time. She took off work while I was at her office...which was nice...but I had worked with her during her incubation period (10-20 days). So, now...I've got a really raw throat, fever, and these little bumps on my belly. I called my doctor (which I had done 2 wks ago when she told me...and they said as long as I had had pox when I was little I would be fine...I only had 8 pox as a baby...8...EIGHT) and they want me to be seen tomorrow am for blood work and checked out.



A little hard to see...but there's about 10 of them...they aren't blistered...but they look like they could.


Ignore my stretch marks. (not from pregnancy...just those extra 25 Freshman pounds!)


Any thoughts?! I read that after 20 weeks the risk to the baby is minimal if it is chicken pox...But I don't want any risks! Not to MY baby! Help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em --

Looks like it could be pox, HOWEVER, I would say that your baby will be FINE. I would most definitely go to the doc, but I am sure they will tell you the same thing.

Women have all kinds of crazy things happen to them during pregnancy. I read about a drug online (Zovirax) that they use to treat chicken pox in pregnant women. You also seem to be in the "safe zone" in terms of time of the pregnancy to get pox, from what I read. Keep us posted!

Our Three Girls said...

Oh my!!!! I'm sure everything will be fine!